Legendary rapper and co-founder of the Geto Boys, Scarface, has officially come out as having tested positive for novel coronavirus. This fact became public knowledge after the release of a Livestream interview with bandmate Willie D.
Scarface, the legendary Houston rapper and co-founder of the Geto Boys, revealed that he tested positive for the novel coronavirus or COVID-19. The rapper discussed his experience with the disease during an interview with his Geto Boys bandmate Willie D. Watch the Livestream below.
The rapper said he got the results on Wednesday evening after weeks of treatment. The illness started with “an itch in [his] throat.” Just a few days later, Scarface says he logged a fever and went to the emergency room where he was put on an IV with antibiotics. He was discharged but soon returned to the hospital “even sicker” than his first visit: “It started off with pneumonia in both of my lungs and three or four days later my kidneys failed,” he says. “I’ve been to the point where I felt I was gonna die.”
Scarface says he didn’t believe he could have had coronavirus because he doesn’t spend much time outside of his house. Now, he’s warning everyone watching to take it seriously. “It’s not fake,” he says of the virus. “I’m not all the way out the woods yet… People out there thinking this shit is a game, it ain’t no joke.”
Now while Scarface the figure may be out of the picture, the man behind the mic, Brad Jordan isn’t. Last year, the 48-year-old Houston resident announced his intention to run for Houston City Council in District D, the seat vacated by Rep. Dwight Boykins, who is running for mayor.
We wish Brad Jordan a speedy recovery in the wake of his COVID-19 diagnosis, and will continue to report as news continues.