Tone Deaf is one of Australia’s leading music publications. In a short time we’ve become one of the country’s leading authorities on the local and international music industry and culture.
We have a commitment and passion for supporting the local music community, as well as delivering fun, informative, and hopefully thought provoking insight into the issues affecting music today.
It takes a small but dedicated team to keep all the content on the site flowing and we’re looking for bright young faces who’d like to learn more about publishing, the internet, and the music industry.
We want to help people build their skills and knowledge within the music industry, so rather than just pumping out stories, you’ll be receiving a rounded view of what it takes to run a music publication.
As each week will look a little different, tasks will change depending on news cycles and workflow. Some of the main tasks will include research, creative writing, news writing, sub-editing, interviews, and more.
We like to keep things pretty casual but there are a few conditions you’ll have to meet to qualify:
- We’re based in Prahran, Melbourne so you’ll need to live in Melbourne and be able to travel to our office.
- The website runs 24 hours but we do have office hours (9am – 5:30pm) and you’ll need to available on certain days for those hours.
- You’ll need to feel comfortable conducting phone interviews with artists, and potentially being in front of a camera.
- You will work one day a week at our office.
- The internship runs for a total of three months.
- Interns are also encouraged to join our team of contributors.
- By the end of your internship you will have a body of work as well as a slew of new skills to add to your portfolio.
- You can use your internship as part of your necessary course requirements (if that’s a component of a qualification you’re undertaking).
To apply, fill out the form below, which includes a short but mandatory written component. For any major questions, email [email protected] We will be in contact with successful applicants soon.
[gravityform id=”1038″ title=”false” description=”false”]