Follow the triple j Hottest 100 Countdown here.
Triple j’s Hottest 100 annual countdown of the Australian public’s favourite songs of the year has officially wrapped.
It was Aussie producer Flume who nabbed the number one spot with ‘Say Nothing’, proving that the internet’s so-called “most accurate” predictor of the Hottest 100 was (almost) spot on.
100 Warm Tunas predicted an all-Aussie top four, led by Flume’s ‘Say Nothing’, an acclaimed collaboration with fellow Aussie MAY-A, which ended up being right on the money.
However, the website also predicted that Flume was likely to be followed by Gang of Youths’ ‘in the wake of your leave’, Ball Park Music’s ‘Stars In My Eyes’, and Spacey Jane’s ‘Hardlight’, though these tracks came in at #9, #8 and #3 respectively.
None of the inclusions were exactly surprising, as all four were Hottest 100 favourites, with Gang of Youths appearing in almost every countdown since 2015.
According to the website, the highest-charting foreign artist was likely to be Gorillaz in fifth with ‘New Gold’, though the track came in at #15 in the end.
Love Live Music?
Get the latest Live Music news, features, updates and giveaways straight to your inbox Learn more
Other names to make it into 100 Warm Tunas’ proposed top 10 include Steve Lacy, who came in at #4 (thanks TikTok), Fred again.., and Spacey Jane, who both had countless singles scattered among the top 100.
You can check out 100 Warm Tunas’ top 10 predictions below and see the full list here.
100 Warm Tunas’ Hottest 100 2022 Predictions
- Flume – ‘Say Nothing’ (ft. MAY-A)
- Gang of Youths – ‘in the wake of your leave’
- Ball Park Music – ‘Stars In My Eyes’
- Spacey Jane – ‘Hardlight’
- Gorillaz – ‘New Gold’ (ft. Tame Impala & Bootie Brown)
- Fred again.. – ‘Delilah (pull me out of this)
- Eliza Rose & Interplanetary Criminal – ‘B.O.T.A. (baddest Of Them All)
- Spacey Jane – ‘Sitting Up’
- Teen Jesus and the Jean Teasers – ‘Girl Sports’
- Steve Lacy – ‘Bad Habit’